There are 3,600 seconds in one hour. Can you give an hour to make a difference?
College Application Spotlight
At Give3600, we believe that community service makes a difference. Period. It can impact lives and the community as a whole. Community service hours over and above the bare minimum demonstrate dedication, discipline, and leadership—all qualities that impress a college admissions team. We recommend that you spend at least 50 hours committed to one organization or focus area. Colleges consider 50-200 hours of community service to be impressive, showing real commitment on the part of the student.
At Give3600, our College Application Spotlight program consists of the following:
• Assessment: Initial meeting with student and parent. At this meeting, we’ll discuss your interests and the amount of time available for volunteering.
• Analysis: A customized list of nonprofits will be provided after assessment. This allows the student and parent to discuss options and determine the best approach.
• Connection: Give3600 will contact the selected nonprofits and schedule volunteer time.
• Execution: Service hours completed by the student.
• Follow-Up: Text/email reminders, tracking, and communication with nonprofit leaders ensure a successful outcome.
Other benefits that you may not have considered:
• Nonprofit supervisors can provide letters of recommendation.
• Volunteer experience makes for a compelling essay topic.
• Relationships and knowledge gained can open doors to college majors and programs.
That’s pretty much it, the end result is successful completion of service hours and a college application that really stands out.